Thursday 22 January 2009

Coach Z well and truly 'Tyred'

People, it's amazing what you can do with a used car tyre, some rope, a 14 year old Ford Mondeo and about 50kg's of pea gravel wrapped up in bin liners and silver duck tape! - my fellow Strength & Performance coach, Sean named this device the Silver Bullet and man did I feel like I had taken a bullet to the gut after today's training session!

I called up my good friend and client Chris today and asked him whether he wanted to ditch his pre-planned session and come smash it with me and Sean. He seemed hesitant at first and with good reason. Sean was taking charge as head coach and he had planned a punishing training session, not for the weak of mind or faint of heart!
I knew that there was going to be a certain amount of car pushing and pulling and possibly a little bit of conditioning but nothing could have prepared me (or Chris) for what was about to come... we had a date with the silver bullet and i wasn't sure what that meant but what I did know was that I was going to have to step up my game and smash some serious s**t otherwise I was going to look like a chump infront of Chris, something that I would not entertain under any circumstance. Failure was not an option today. Here is what we did:

3x30m car push (approx 1500kg's of old school Mondeo) with push back to warm up.

2x5 Silver Bullet power cleans

SB power clean x1 + 5x front squats (x2)

SB power clean + shoulder lift, 1x right + 1x left side + 5x push-ups on SB [x3]

SB walk (30m) + 5x front squats, 30m walk + 5x SB push press (x2)

Tyre work:

Tyre drag + pull using thick rope with hand over hand pull in at 30m (backwards rope pull back to start)

Tyre + rope lunge and push with hand over hand pull in at 30m (forwards rope pull to start)

Tyre and rope woodchop (6 reps each side)

To finish.....

Forwards run for 30m with backwards rope drag as fast as possible!! (x2)

Chris and I KILLED IT!!! He did me proud today like I knew he would. As for me.... well I smashed it up of course! What did you expect? We don't play games here, we come to train! It was the first time since I stopped sprinting about 18 months ago that I actually felt more than just a little bit or nausea creeping in and I have to say, it felt good!
Big shout to Sean (http://www.seankeefe.blogspot.com/) for making sure that we kept up the pace throughout. Stay glued to his blog for some awesome video clips of us ripping it up in the car park!

As always, yours in strength.

Smash it!

Z **

Strength & Performance Coach

zorandubaic@hotmail.com

2 comments:

  1. It was an amazing session got absolutely blasted, Both Zoran and Sean are amazing coaches and both know their stuff, previously I thought Id worked hard in the gym when you leave feeling a little nausea, but nothing to what the silver bullet left you feeling, All I can say is anyone interested in strength training and conditioning get in touch with these guys and see what they can do for you. You will be amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silver Bullet Mutha fu**a, that workout sounds evil, you two are taking training to another level. Get the videos up ASAP i wana see my to favourite strength peeps in pain!!!!

    Big Ben

    ReplyDelete