Thursday 15 January 2009

Smash it or go home!

For the first time in a long while I tore s**t up in the gym today! For the first time in a long while I smashed the weights the way they were designed to be smashed.... I trained harder than I have ever trained before, over a time span of some 13 years!
As most of you will know training legs is not for the faint of heart. It hurts like hell and if you have trained properly you should be feeling more than just a little nausea creeping in. Sometimes I just don't get my head right before I train legs. Sometimes the wheels fall off mid set and I feel like chucking in the towel and going on my merry way. Not today. Something clicked today, sometihng changed the way I looked at my training in general. Today, I decided to smash it or go home!

Hopefully by now you are thinking 'what could have possibly made such a difference' right? Let me explain... Yesterday I sat down with my colleague Sean (http://www.seankeefe.blogspot.com/) and his little sister Roz. I had heard that she had bought Sean the 'STRONG' DVD by Joe Defranco, whom many consider to be one of the best strength coaches in the United States, even the world.
You just know that when big Joe D's name is mentioned that things are about to get more than just a little crazy so I was let's say just a little bit exited to get my hands on this new DVD.

'STRONG' takes you on a journey through the lives and professional careers of both Joe D and his family plus many of his athletes, some of whom I have had the pleasure of meeting. Probably the most memorable of which goes by the nickname 'The Asshole'... you will have to watch it and make up your mind as to whether this title is justified, but like him or not, there is no denying the guy is an absolute ANIMAL! You will struggle to meet a more dedicated individual.

The film is as much infomative as it is inspirational and leaves you wanting and hoping for more by the end of the 52 minute running time. It is jam packed full of footage from Defranco's training (Joe D's facility in diiiiirty Jersey) and will i'm sure give many an aspiring athlete and coach from all walks of life the much needed kick up the ass they have no doubt been needing for some time. If you want to stop lifting without purpose or focus and get yourself tuned in to the task at hand then i recommend you get on to http://www.defrancostraining.com/ and click on the 'STRONG' link without hesitation. It was the first thing I did when I got home last night and the best $28 I could ever spend
.
Full of inspiration and an unquenchable desire to rip it up in the gym, I went and smashed my legs today! What did you do? Let me know what you have been getting up to in the gym this week. Post your comments below or drop me an e-mail with any questions you may have.

Yours in strength

'Smash it' or go home!

Strength & Performance Coach

Z**

zorandubaic@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment